What are the best books for Establishing a new believer in their relationship with Jesus?
The following books are recommended:
- InterVarsity Press My Heart Christ’s Home - this is a short booklet that does a good job using a story to encourage us to bring the hidden parts of our lives into the light.
- NavPress The Discipline of Grace by Jerry Bridges - “You are never beyond the reach of God’s grace—or the need for it. Being a Christian is about more than just accepting salvation—it’s about regularly becoming more like Jesus. This is hard work. As we struggle to become more like Christ, we can easily lose sight of grace in favor of the discipline we put ourselves through.” This is the book Jerry says he wished he wrote before The Pursuit of Holiness.
What do you think about:
- The Bondage Breaker by Neal Anderson
- Crazy Love by Francis Chan
- Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis